It’s the last Friday of the month and we’ve got another episode the Sharp Ideas podcast. On this episode, we’re joined by the Four Kitchens Web Chefs Todd Nienkerk, Elia Albarran, and Caris Hurd to talk about company culture, communities of practice, remote working, participatory culture, and why Four Kitchens never had a ping-pong table in the break-room.
Sharp Ideas, episode 16.2
Company Culture: Trust, Caring, and Macro Unmanaging
Listen on Soundcloud at soundcloud.com/four-kitchens
Check out these links for more information about some of the stuff we talk about:
- Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation by Jean Lave and Etienne Wenger. 1991.
- Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture by Henry Jenkins, with Ravi Purushotma, Margaret Weigel, Katie Clinton, and Alice J. Robinson. 2009.
- There’s No Such Thing As Work/Life Balance (It’s All LIFE!) by Nancy Lyons.
- Creating a Culture of Empowerment by Todd Ross Nienkerk. Presented at the Twin Cities DrupalCamp, June 26, 2015.
- We're throwing a GIF party and you're invited!
- 4K news this week We launched Continuum Analytics! Congratulations to Continuum and our 4K team for a successful launch – you're awesome! 4K Partner and CEO Todd Ross Nienkerk recently…
- Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device because…