#4K news this week
- We celebrated the two year Chefiversary of our very first remote team member, Matt Grill. If it wasn’t for Matt we probably wouldn’t have the distributed team or culture that we’ve cultivated over the last two years. Cheers to Matt for being brave enough to be the first!
- Our RESTful series continued with REST Easy Part 2: Sub Property Boogaloo, with David Diers covering the body field, which requires extra care when used within a RESTful endpoint.
- Resident Meteor evangelist Patrick Coffey shared his thoughts on Debunking 3 misconceptions of his favorite framework.
- Chris Ruppel wrote about why inlining critical CSS on a dynamic CMS such as Drupal or WordPress doesn’t have to be a pain in his Webperf Wednesday article, Use Grunt and AdvAgg to inline critical CSS on a Drupal 7 theme.
Links around the watercooler
- Our favorite Product Hunt lists of the week are: Automate Your Life and Apps for Gmail
- The Guardian is open sourcing their image management system. Go open source!
- Want to visit real life Middle Earth? Maybe you can, someday.
- We’re all for focusing on the user experience and applying design principles to the way people work.