Weekly Watercooler #136
Feb. 22nd, 2016
4K news this week
- 4K CEO Todd Ross Nienkerk just returned from a trip to Owner Summit conference, which features keynote presentations from some of the digital design industry’s most successful and influential boutique agency owners and thought leaders. We had a blast presenting our revamped Creating a Culture of Empowerment presentation and slideshow. Thank you Bureau of Digital for organizing such a fantastic event!
- Next up: We’ll see you at SANDCamp in San Diego and Drupal Day at NTC in San Jose. We’re preparing a breakout session on a topic we’re pretty stoked about: The Future of the CMS.
- SXSWi is right around the corner which means so are a couple of events we’re proudly sponsoring: The 2016 Drupal Drop-In and the Web Developer Happy Hour. Reserve your spot—we’d love to see you if you’re in town!
- Huge shoutout to GhostRan.ch, a really cool communications design company we’ve been working with. We love their work and we want you to love them, too!
- Did you hear? We’re hiring! If you or someone you love is a UX Designer, a Drupal Frontend Developer, an Operations Assistant, or a Technical Project Manager, it might be time to join our team.
- ICYMI: The Austin Drupal Users Group (ADUG) recently held an Introduction to Aquifer. Watch the recording here.
Links around the watercooler
- Finally, the answer to the age-old question: “Hey, pops, what’s your Amazon Prime password?”
- Companies like Airbnb, Slack, and Pocket (among others) are as successful as they are because they have designers that are focusing more on business needs than on perfecting every pixel.
- Speaking of Slack, we’re loving their (relatively) new User Groups feature.
- We recently discussed apps or browser extensions that make our jobs (and our lives) a whole lot easier and these are some of the ones we came up with: Grammarly, Divvy, VIMium, Awesome Screenshot, Dashlane, Adblock, Google Contribute, The Great Suspender, Evernote, SortD, Trello, Privacy Badger, Deliveries, Alfred App, Mizage, Spectacle, uBlock Origin, Bitmoji – Gmail extension,Todoist, and Air Parrot.
4K news this week We launched Continuum Analytics! Congratulations to Continuum and our 4K team for a successful launch – you're awesome! 4K Partner and CEO Todd Ross Nienkerk recently…
When you already have a design and are working with finalized content, high fidelity wireframes might be just what the team needs to make decisions quickly.
Visiting Austin for Node Interactive? We've got you covered with our guides to the city's best.