4K news this week
- We caught our fearless leader Todd eating ice cream out of the box (pictured above). His expression is so pensive.
- A few of our Web Chefs are attending DrupalCamp LA! Look out for @mirzu, @elliotttf and @marktheunnisen.
- Robert Ristroph will be at Defcon this weekend, no doubt learning about better ways to intercept phone calls with an aerial drone.
- David Diers and Robert Ristroph returned from NYC Camp where they presented two sessions each!
- David presented on the Drupal 7 database abstraction layer and shared his highly-researched exploration of how universities are using Drupal at the Higher Ed Summit. Click the links to check out the slides!
- Rob presented on both simple DevOps using Jenkins and how to set up your architecture for a high performance Drupal website.
Links around the watercooler
- Drupal 7 vs. WordPress 3: While the new features of WordPress 3 seem nice, as @dries points out, it seems much like where Drupal 5 was with content types. Wherever you stand on this debate, it’s interesting to see CMS platforms develop.
- We love building things, LEGOs and music! This tennis ball and LEGO Ableton controller has us drooling.
- Have you seen someone type “Ermahgerd” and were confused? Now you can translate. (It’s “oh my God,” for those who don’t always speak in Internet memes.)
- Lastly, if you happen to be in London for the Olympics (why are you reading this if you are? Unplug!), check out these 10 must-eat British foods while you’re there!