Four Kitchens has been highly active in the Drupal community since Drupal 4.7.2. In addition to our work in Drupal performance and scalability, the Four Kitchens Web Chefs have contributed several modules and themes to Drupal.org and have participated in numerous code sprints, DrupalCons, and DrupalCamps around the world.
Drupal Products We've Created
Saucier is a Node.JS framework for building decoupled (headless) Drupal websites.
We have provided numerous contributions to Drupal 5, 6, 7, and 8 core. We have been highly active in the Drupal community since Drupal 4.7.2.
Pressflow is a distribution of Drupal with integrated performance, scalability, availability, and testing enhancements. Pressflow 6 powers many of the web’s largest Drupal installations. Several of the enhancements and innovations developed in Pressflow 6 were included in Drupal 7 and drastically improved its scalability.
Drupal 8 Core
For the Drupal 8 Core, we helped convert the core templates to HTML5, added new HTML5 form elements, and integrated Modernizr into core. We contributed some configuration management work, which allows for dev/test/live environments.
Drupal.org is the home of Drupal, its contributed modules and themes, and its documentation. Four Kitchens has assisted with both the Drupal 6 upgrade in 2008, and the Drupal 7 upgrade. Our contributions were in two key areas: the “Project” project, which supplies the issue queues and other code management tools for Drupal contributors, and Bluecheese, the theme which powers all subdomains on drupal.org.
Distribution Packaging Whitelist: We have the ability to add/edit whitelist entries, helping vet applications to whitelist third-party libraries for inclusion in Drupal distributions.
Drupal Modules We've Created or Help Maintain
A comprehensive list of our contributions can be found on Drupal.org/Four-Kitchens, but a sample of our work includes:
- Modernizr: Tests which native CSS3 and HTML5 features are available in the user’s browser by integrating the third-party Modernizr library. Provides a conditional loading API to all other modules and themes.
- Aurora: A Sass/Compass-powered responsive, mobile-first base theme for Drupal.
- Magic: A module to help front-end themers power their theme’s performance.
- Respond.js: Provides IE 6-8 support for responsive Drupal themes by integrating the third-party Respond.js library.
- Block Class: Allows users to add classes to any block through the block’s configuration interface. Though simple, it’s very popular: currently ranked in the top 1% of all Drupal modules with more than 31,000 installations.
- Field Orbit: Provides a responsive slideshow display mode for image fields and field collections with images.
- Simple Help: Looks for markdown files in enabled modules and creates help pages that can be read on the site for them.
- Location Feeds: Provides location mappers for the Feeds module and is compatible with both CCK and location module location fields.
- Taxonomy Orphanage: Provides interfaces (drush, cron, admin form) for removing orphaned taxonomy term references from entities.
- Attachment Links: Provides permanent links to files attached to a node. A single, easy-to-remember URL can be used to retrieve the preferred or newest version of a file regardless of how many versions of that file have been attached to a node.
- Dismiss: Adds a jQuery-powered “dismiss” button to all Drupal messages so they can be closed without refreshing the browser.
- FastClick: Integrates the FastClick library from FTLabs, provides faster user interactions on many touch devices.
- Abbreviations Filter: Input filter that can be used to scan text for a user-input list of abbreviations and then replace them with an abbr tag which also encodes the non-abbreviated phrase.
- Comment Publish: Allows users to unpublish comments on their own content.
- Entity JSON: Provides an API to display a Drupal entity as JSON output.
- Feeds: Import.io: Provides a Feeds Parser and Fetcher for import.io data sets.
- TFA Rules: Two-Factor Authentication Rules is a Drupal module that provides integration with the Rules module to add a condition to check to see if TFA has been enabled for a user.
- Entity Field Condition: Provides a Condition plugin that checks to see if a particular entity bundle has a field with a specific value.
- Generate Errors: A module that provides an user interface for developer to manually generate errors.
- Site Audit: A Drupal static site analysis platform that generates reports with actionable best practice recommendations.