Welcome back, dear readers! It’s time we had a talk about stuffing—stuffing in a turkey, stuffing our stockings, stuffing our calendars full of events. The Web Chefs didn’t let the holiday stop them from writing.
- Did you get hit with the iCal Black Friday spam? Web Chef Chris Martin explains how to fix it.
Get it? Like Node.js + November? NODEvember? That’s what we in linguistics call a portmanteau.
- Luke Herrington kills his darlings in “The Simplicity of Serverless Architecture.”
- And something to remember this holiday season—failure isn’t always bad. Elliott Foster learns by failing in “Deep Dive Failure: Learning Through Investigation.”
A bunch of Web Chefs were at Node Interactive and saw some great talks; my personal favs and highlights:
- Transhumanist Mx Emily Rose talking about where coding is headed and how we all already cyborgs in “The Future Is Now.”
- Glen Goodwin’s talk on “The Morality of Code” reminded me a lot of the discussions had in the Critical Code Studies and Digital Humanities communities.
- Kevin Zurawel‘s talk on “Games as Conversational Intervaces” has had me fiddling with interactive fiction authoring tools all week.
- Looking for the perfect present for the Smooth Ops-erator in you life? Web Chef Elia Albarran has some suggestions about “What to Buy for the Person Who Does Everything.”