We’re happy to be offering our popular Introduction to Headless Drupal class free of charge for Twin Cities Drupal Camp attendees! Do you want to manage content in Drupal but use something else to deliver it to your users? This is the class for you.
Drupal is an amazing platform for making websites. But did you know it’s also a world-class content API that can easily be integrated with a other technologies? In this class you’ll learn how to combine Drupal with Node.js, a popular technology for building highly interactive websites, to build rich digital experiences.
You will write code all day in this class! By the end, you’ll have written your first Node.js application(s) and have integrated Node.js’s real-time wizardry into Drupal’s content management magic.
The Four Kitchens Web Chefs will show you how to:
- Strategies for success when using Drupal as a content API
- Write code that reads and writes data to and from your Drupal site
- Write custom API endpoints in Drupal to connect to your realtime application
- Gain experience with the popular Node.js framework: Express
- Know what Node.js is good at and when a different tool is better
- Understand how to use NPM node’s world class package manager
- Write non-blocking asynchronous code and how to spot it’s evil twin: synchronous blocking code