We’re happy to announce the new Global Academy for continuing Medical Education (GAME) site! GAME, by Frontline, provides doctors and medical professionals with the latest news and activities to sharpen their skills and keep abreast on the latest medical technologies and techniques.
As a followup to our launch of Frontline Medical communication’s MDEdge portal last October, the new GAME site takes all of the strengths of MDEdge—strong continuing education materials, interactive video reviews, content focused on keeping medical professionals well-trained—and wraps that in a fresh new package. The new GAME site is optimized for performance so that visitors can learn from their phones on-the-go, in the field on their tablets, or at their desktops in the office between meetings. Behind the scenes, site administrators have an interface that streamlines their workflow and allows them to focus on creating content.
[NB: Read our MDEdge launch announcement, here.]
Four Kitchens worked with the Frontline and GAME teams to…
- migrate a bevy of static and dynamic content from their existing Typo3 CMS site and ten external ASP-based conference sites.
- create a method to streamline canonical content sharing between the GAME site and the MDEdge portal through web standard APIs, and a mirror API for automated content creation from the portal to the GAME site.
- create a single domain home for conferences originally resting on multiple source domains, redirecting as needed while keeping the source domains public for advertising use without requiring extra domain hosting.
- provide functional test coverage across the platform for high-value functionality using Behat and CircleCI.
- revise the design and UX of the site to help engage users directly with the content they were seeking.
Engineering and Development Specifics
Check out the new Global Academy for continuing Medical Education (GAME) site today!
- built on Drupal 7
- hosted on Pantheon Elite
- code standards enforced with ESLint and PHP_CodeSniffer
- site migration via custom migration module plugins and Google Docs mapping
- custom MDEdge and other 3rd party integrations
- style guide produced and reviewed using Emulsify
The Four Kitchens team of Web Chefs included James Todd as technical lead, Chris Roane as lead engineer, Randy Oest as the designer and frontend engineer, and Scott Riley as the project manager. Additional engineering work was completed by Diego Tejera, Justin Riddiough, and Web Chef Patrick Coffey.